Code of Conduct
The Energy Futures Network web site is intended to be a social-networking “community of practice” where Associates, who are energy professionals from all sectors world-wide (including industry, academia, government and NGOs), can post articles, documents and ideas and share these for commentary with other Associates with a minimum of “bureaucratic overhead” or time lag. Any Associate can post information, comment on any information posted and initiate discussion groups on any energy topic. Consequently, we expect the following code of conduct to guide the behaviour of all Associates:
- Topics are completely open to encompass any issue related to sustainable and responsible energy production, conversion, transmission and use for any type of energy source. However, only “real” topics can be posted and we reserve the right to remove without notice any information deemed inappropriate.
- Associates will post information and commentary at the level of their professional standing and organizational affiliation. It is the intent of the Energy Futures Network that only valid and useful information and commentary be disseminated on the web site by and for energy professionals.
- All commentary must address the issues posted, and cannot in any way be abusive or directed at the individual in the discussion group. NO COMMENT IS ANONYMOUS and all individuals in a discussion group will have their email address available to any Associate. We reserve the right to remove without notice any commentary deemed inappropriate, and to bar the Associate who posted the inappropriate comments from further participation in the website.
- All comments and topics posted on the Energy Futures Website by Associates, and further commentary by other Associates, are the responsibility of the Associates involved. Energy Futures Networks neither approves of nor takes responsibility for anything posted on the website.
- Help build the Energy Futures Network community by adding a link to energyfuturesnetwork.com on your web site!